- Henceforth, only properly identified staff of the Abia State Internal Revenue Service, in partnership with the state's global consultant on IGR, CSDC, have the authority to collect revenue due to the state and local governments.
- Approved revenue collected on behalf of local governments is to be remitted to them by the state revenue collection agency after monthly reconciliation.
- The state government wishes to reiterate its decision to use recognized Trade Unions such as ASMATA, NURTW, ASATOA, Association of Importers, and others to enforce the collection of Flying Revenue from their members. Executives of the concerned associations are to contact the office of the Chairman of the Abia State Internal Revenue Service to obtain approved list of payable revenue.
- As much as possible, Flying Revenue can be collected through recognized unions and trade associations in the state to ensure that registered members pay as and when due.
- All corporate organizations operating in the state are to ensure that PAYE and other Taxes are remitted to the government as and when due, or face punitive action and sanctions as provided by law.
- Any policeman or security agent attached to a revenue collection team, other than the State Internal Revenue Service, is to be arrested and prosecuted for engaging in illegal duties.
- All revenue payments are to be made to the designated government accounts as will be published by the State Internal Revenue Service Agency.
- No Ministry, Department and Agency (MDA) of the state is authorized to issue revenue collection license or permit to any individual or group from henceforth.
- All revenue collection licenses or permits previously issued by MDAs are by this announcement nullified.
- Local government authorities are also expected to withdraw all revenue collection permits issued to agents with immediate effect.
Multiple Taxation in Abia State – Governor Okezie IntervenesWritten by Jay Onwukwe
Following series of complaints about multiple taxation in Abia State, the state Governor Dr. Victor Okezie Ikpeazu met with key stakeholders on internally generated revenue collection chain, on Monday July 9, 2018, where the following decisions were reached:
Latest from Jay Onwukwe
- FGN ₦50bn Export Expansion Facility - Are You Qualified? Apply now!
- Best 2021 BUSINESS Ideas
- 2021 Small BUSINESS Ideas
- Best BUSINESS Ideas for 2021
- 7 Signs of Poverty Consciousness - Are You Free from Them?
- Aba BUSINESS Pages - VIDEO Intro - Watch now!
- nwabaNG VIDEO Intro
- Are You a Small Business Owner? Then Bite Into the MSME Survival Fund Now!
- Build a Powerful Network for Business and Personal Success - Learn how!
- Move Your Business Online… No need for Domain, Website, Hosting or Contents!
Leave a comment
Disclaimer: You are solely responsible for your posts on Aba BUSINESS Blog.