We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, purchase a product, rate or review a product, respond to a survey, open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features, in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us deliver the type of content and product offerings that most interest you.
- To help improve our website in order to serve you better.
- To help us service you better when responding to your customer service requests.
- To help us quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services, products and offers.
- To follow up with you after your registration, purchase, contact and correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries) .
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a very limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn-off cookies, some features may become disabled. Some of the features that make your browsing experience more efficient may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders but may face
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we always seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
In 2016, the European Commission approved and adopted the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) . GDPR is a significant change in data protection regulation in the EU and replaces the existing legal framework (the Data Protection Directive and the various member state laws) . GDPR came into effect on May 25, 2018. Nwaba.NG is fully committed to achieving and upholding ongoing compliance with GDPR.
All access to the Aba BUSINESS Pages (Nwaba.NG) website is restricted to HTTPS encrypted connections. All data retrieval from data sources is done with your unique access token over a secure connection with API keys.
Currently, all data, backup are stored in different UK and USA locations. We do not backup any of your accounts (or your customer's) data in other locations – just data that has to do with your Nwaba.NG preferences and subscription to Aba BUSINESS Pages.
Nwaba.NG shares as little data as possible with 3rd parties. If we share data, it is only your email address and used for reasons described below. All of your store's data is completely contained. The only 3rd parties we work with are:
- Google Analytics – Google tag manager for tracking views of the Nwaba.NG site and application.
- Facebook Advertising – retargeting and advertising Nwaba.NG.
- Google Adwords – retargeting and advertising Nwaba.NG.
- Google Optimize – split test Nwaba.NG's website pages.
Also, our staff will never access your data unless required for support reasons.
When working a support issue we do our best to respect your privacy as much as possible, we only access the minimum data needed to resolve your issue.